Skip to content

Dinning Table Project: 3

November 15, 2011

Well, I have made some progress. There are 8 pieces that make up the table top, 4 – 2 x 6’s and 2 – 2 x 12’s. I had to glue and dowel them together by twos before connecting them as a single piece. Considering the years (at least 20) they sat in Mr. Worthington’s barn, they were a bit warped. It took some careful clamp work, but I managed to get most of the bends out.

 

 

It is hard to tell with these pictures, but I have a good bit of plane work to do.

I finished the legs tonight, and I am pretty happy with them.

 

Starting tomorrow, I will attach a 2 x 4 border to the table top. After that, I will need to plane and prep the pieces for varnish, and then put it together. I am hoping to have it done this weekend.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Advertisements

From → The Farm

One Comment
  1. It’s lookin’ good for a speed project.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: